by A. K. Hoagland
Architect: Derrick Hubert
Alternative Name: Michigan Technological University, Koenig Hall
Location: Houghton, MI
Contractor: Archie Verville
In 1931 the Michigan College of Mines built a large addition onto the front of Koenig Hall, which had been built just ten years earlier. The new front—really a whole new building—had an art moderne appearance, with a flat roof and no cornice. The building had subsequent appearance-altering additions.
Buildings by Derrick Hubert in the Copper Country